GENERAL COMPETITION AND PRIZE DRAW TERMS AND CONDITIONS!
A. General Competition and Prize Draw Terms and Conditions
1. Eligibility! 2. Entry!
- The Prize!
- Winner Selection and Contact
- Contact Details and Further Information
dkw.me/competitionstermsandconditions/ Page 1 of 11
The following terms and conditions apply to all competitions and prize draws featured on-air, or included online on the dkw.me or other websites or any other competitions and prize draws promoted by the Promoter (please see end of these terms and conditions for details of the Promoter).
These general terms and conditions should be read alongside, and are in addition to any specific terms and conditions which may be mentioned in the terms of entry, in any promotion of or messages about that competition or prize draw on any platform (“competition information”). This includes without limitation information given on-air or online. Specific terms and conditions for the competition or prize draw can be found on dkw.me/competitions/. Together these general terms and conditions and the competition information shall be referred to as the “competition terms and conditions”. If there is any inconsistency between these general terms and conditions and any competition information, the competition information will prevail to the extent of such inconsistency.
If you do not agree with any of the competition terms and conditions then you should not take part in the competition or prize draw as applicable.
The terms and conditions may be amended at any time without prior notice. Any changes will be posted on the dkw.me website. It is your responsibility to ensure you review the current competition terms and conditions before entering any competition or prize draw. We recommend that you print and store or save a copy of these terms and conditions for future reference during the competition or prize draw in question.
A. General Competition and Prize Draw Terms & Conditions
The following general terms and conditions apply to all competitions and prize draws (together “promotions” promoted by the relevant Promoter.
- 1.1. Entrants must meet the eligibility requirements as specified in the terms and conditions. Failure to meet the eligibility requirements will result in an entry being invalid and/or forfeiture of any prize.
- 1.2. The promotion is open to residents of the United Kingdom aged 18 years or over at the time of entering the promotion, unless specified otherwise. The promotion winner must provide a UK address for delivery of the prize, and the Promoter will not deliver to any address outside the UK.
- 1.3. Employees and members of their immediate families (including any live-in partner) of the Promoter, companies within the DKW Show and any of their subsidiaries and/or agencies associated with this promotion, including the provider of the prize, the producer of the programme, or any person connected with the administration or otherwise of the promotion and/or prize where applicable, are ineligible to enter. Any such entries are invalid.
dkw.me/competitionstermsandconditions/ Page 2 of 11
1.4. The Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to ask for evidence to verify the age, identity and/or eligibility of an entrant at any time, and to use any channels and methods available to carry out checks of any details provided. The Promoter may withhold delivery of a prize until it has received such evidence from the winner and failure to provide such evidence in a timely manner may result in forfeiture of the prize.
- 2.1. The opening and closing date and time for entries is as indicated in the terms of entry. Any entries
received before or after these times will not be accepted but may still be charged.
- 2.2. In respect of competitions, in order to enter entrants must answer the question or complete the task specified and submit the information as indicated in the terms of entry. In respect of prize draws, entrants simply need to submit the information as indicated in the terms of entry.
- 2.3. Entrants may be required to provide their full name, full contact telephone number (including area code) or other method of contact (if applicable), email address and any other information as specified at the time of entering the promotion. This information cannot be amended once an entrant has entered the promotion.
- 2.4. Each entrant will be charged the cost of entry (if any) as indicated in the terms of entry whether their entry to the promotion is successful or not. If applicable, entrants must have the permission of the bill payer before entering the promotion. Any cost of entry and any entry delivery costs as indicated in these general terms and conditions or in the competition information includes taxes.
- 2.5. The Promoter cannot guarantee that entries submitted by eligible residents of the United Kingdom from outside the UK, will be entered into the promotion and charges will depend on the relevant service provider’s international rates. The Promoter gives no warranty that the service will be available, legal or appropriate for use in locations outside the UK.
- 2.6. Entry to the promotion must be by the applicable method(s) as indicated in the terms of entry, which may include any (but not necessarily all) of the following:
- 2.6.1. Phone entry: Phone entrants should call the phone number as indicated in the competition information, and follow the instructions in the recorded message.
The call charges will be as indicated in the competition information. Call costs are based on using BT network landline phones. Calls from other networks may be higher and from mobiles will be considerably more. The total cost will be dependent on the entrant’s network.
- 2.6.2. SMS entry: SMS entrants should send an SMS to the shortcode as indicated in the competition information. The charge per SMS will be the cost indicated in the competition information plus any applicable standard network charges. The total cost will therefore be
dkw.me/competitionstermsandconditions/ Page 3 of 11
dependent on the entrant’s network. Charges will be deducted from the entrant’s available credit time if they are a pre-pay customer or appear on their monthly statement if they are a pay-monthly customer.
SMS entrants will receive a SMS text message confirming their entry, which may include information about the show, its sponsor or other services relating to the promotion. SMS entrants may opt out of receiving any additional marketing messages at any time (please see section 6.3 of these terms and conditions).
- 2.6.4. E-mail entry: Email entrants may enter the promotion by sending an e-mail to the relevant email address and providing the information as indicated. There is no charge for email entries but internet service provider’s fees may apply when accessing the internet. Entrants may receive a message confirming their entry to the promotion.
2.6.5. Postal entry: Postal entrants may enter the promotion by mailing their full name, email address and/or a contact telephone number (including area code) or other method of contact (as applicable), as well as other required information and/or material to the postal address as specified in the competition information. It is recommended that postal entrants send in copies rather than original material as such material will not be returned unless otherwise specified in the competition information. Entries sent by post must be received at the relevant postal address specified for entries by the closing date and time for receipt of entries. It is the responsibility of the postal entrant to ensure correct and sufficient postage is paid. Postal entries without correct and sufficient postage paid will be invalid and will not be considered. Unless otherwise specified, personal and hand deliveries will not be accepted. The Promoter does not accept responsibility for any incorrectly addressed or undelivered entries or for any disruption, delay or misdirection of postal entries.
- 2.7. Entries must not be sent in through agents, third parties or on behalf of another person unless otherwise specified in the competition information. Such entries are void. Bulk entries are void and cannot be accepted.
- 2.8. Any entries which are above the maximum number of entries for each method of entry as specified in the competition information or which are incomplete, without all the required information, inaudible, incomprehensible, made or received after the deadline for receiving
dkw.me/competitionstermsandconditions/ Page 4 of 11
entries has passed or which are not received by the Promoter or are not otherwise in accordance with the competition terms and conditions are invalid and will be discounted.
- 2.9. In the event of any fault, mistake, misunderstanding or dispute concerning the correctness or acceptability of any answers given by entrants, or the operation of any part of the promotion, network or phone system, the decision of the Promoter shall be final.
- 2.10. Where entrants are required to submit a contribution (which may include but is not limited to photograph(s), video, audio, live-media images, drawings and/or other similar designs) as part of their entry, the DKW Show’s Contributions Terms and Conditions will apply,
see dkw.me/termsandconditionsofuse/. By submitting their entry, entrants accept and agree to the DKW Show’s Contributions Terms and Conditions.
3. The Prize
3.1. The prize is as specified in the terms of entry. Unless otherwise stated in the terms of entry only one prize per entrant is permissible.
- 3.2. The prize is subject to availability and to winner confirmation, i.e. the Promoter has managed to contact the winner and received confirmation of eligibility. The prize is also subject to the terms and conditions of the prize provider, their agents, and where applicable to the terms of the venue and/or the manufacturer.
- 3.3. Where the prize relates to travel and/or accommodation, the prize will be subject to availability and certain dates may be excluded when the winner may not take up the prize. All elements relating to such prize must be taken up during one period, and not on non-consecutive dates. The winner (and their companion(s) if applicable) will be required to hold a valid passport and/or other necessary travel documentation, authorization and visas. Where the prize relates to travel for more than one person, the winner and their companion(s) must travel together, departing from and returning to the same location at the same time and on the same itinerary. The prize provider and/or their agents cannot guarantee that seats will be adjacent to each other.
- 3.4. Where the prize necessitates travel and/or attending an event on a specific date, the winner must be available on the date(s) specified by the Promoter in the competition information and no alternative dates will be available. Where the prize involves travel or accommodation on a date, the date and/or destination is subject to availability and the Promoter reserves the right to determine a final date by which the prize must be taken.
- 3.5. Where the prize includes a cheque, voucher or gift card, such prize will be made payable in pounds sterling in the name of the winning entrant only and such cheque, voucher, or gift card cannot be made payable to any third party. No other form of payment than that indicated in the terms of entry will be provided to the winner.
dkw.me/competitionstermsandconditions/ Page 5 of 11
- 3.6. The Promoter, prize provider, the issuer of the vouchers or gift cards and their agents reserve the right to refuse to accept vouchers and/or gift cards which are deemed to have been tampered with, defaced, duplicated, damaged or which otherwise are suspected to be affected by fraud or which have been lost or stolen following delivery.
- 3.7. Where the prize and/or information relating to the prize is to be provided directly to the winner by a third party, the winner (and where applicable, their companion(s)) is (are) required to comply with all instructions and necessary requirements as may be specified by the third party to receive and/or take up the prize, including but not limited to contacting such third party within specified time frames, adhering to the itinerary as specified, paying any required charges and/or costs which are not included in the prize, completing any required forms including but not limited to booking forms and to delivering any required documentation to that third party, including but not limited to proof of identification. The Promoter will accept no responsibility and will not be liable to the winner or any other persons where the winner fails to comply with such instructions and such failure may result in forfeiture of the prize.
- 3.8. The winner (and where applicable, their companion(s)) may be required to provide their signature as proof of their agreement to relevant waivers, releases and/or consents when taking up the prize. Failure to sign any relevant documentation may result in forfeiture of the prize.
- 3.9. The prize excludes all other costs and arrangements not expressly included in the prize (as stated in the terms of entry). Additional charges and expenses incurred for goods, services, attractions, facilities, upgrades, activities and events not expressly included in the prize are payable solely by the winner (and where applicable their companion(s)). The Promoter will not be held liable where such charges and/or expenses are incurred, and no refund or reimbursement will be made. The Promoter will accept no responsibility where the winner is unable to pay in full, any such charges and/or expenses as incurred.
3.10. For delivery of the prize, you may be required to be available at a specified time and place.
- 3.11. No cash alternative (where applicable) or another prize will be given at the request of the winner and the prize is non-transferable and non-exchangeable. However, the Promoter reserves the right to change the prize or any part of the prize (to an alternative prize or part of the prize of equal or greater value) for any reason in its sole discretion including without limitation due to circumstances beyond its control or if any part of the prize becomes unavailable. If for any reason the winner chooses not to take up the prize or any part of the prize, the Promoter reserves the right to ask the winner to confirm this in writing and the Promoter will be able to retain or dispose of the prize at its own discretion.
- 3.12. The Promoter may refuse to provide a prize, or seek its recovery, in the event of non-entitlement under the competition terms and conditions or an entrant’s breach of the competition terms and conditions, fraud or dishonesty, including but not limited to the use of technology which enables an entrant to evade applicable charges when entering the promotion.
dkw.me/competitionstermsandconditions/ Page 6 of 11
3.13. The Promoter or prize provider(s) endeavour to deliver the prize to the winner within twenty eight (28) days from the date of winner confirmation unless stated otherwise in the competition information, with the exception that where the prize is time critical the Promoter or the prize provider(s) endeavour to deliver the prize to the winner as soon as reasonably practicable before the necessary time to take up the prize. The Promoter, prize provider and their agents will not be liable where a prize has been lost or stolen following delivery and such prize will not be replaced.
4. Winner Selection and Contact
- 4.1. Where the winner is randomly selected, the draw for the winner will take place on the date indicated in the competition information. Unless stated otherwise in the competition information, the winner will be the first entry drawn at random from all valid entries, subject to eligibility and winner confirmation (and, for competitions where entrants are required to answer a question, answering such question correctly). Where the winner is not randomly selected, the competition information will detail the judging criteria on which the winning entry will be selected.
- 4.2. The winner will be contacted as soon as practicable on or after the draw date or judging date (as appropriate) as indicated in the competition information. Reasonable efforts will be made to contact a winner on the phone number provided when entering the promotion or such other method of contact deemed appropriate by the Promoter in its sole discretion in the circumstances. Where the prize is time critical and a winner needs to be found before the time to take up the prize passes, the announcement on air or the competition information will indicate the date when the winner will be contacted and the Promoter will contact such winner on the phone number (or other method of contact (if appropriate)) they provided, calling three times in
a two-hour daytime period or as indicated in the competition information. If the winner cannot be contacted or successful contact is not made within the fixed time period as specified or if they fail to provide an address for delivery of the prize or fail to meet any of the eligibility requirements or are otherwise unable to comply with the competition terms and conditions, this may result in forfeiture of the prize and the Promoter reserves the right to disqualify that entrant (without further liability to that entrant) and offer the prize to the next eligible entrant and thereafter until a winner is found.
- 4.3. Any entrant and/or winner must comply with any directions given to him or her by the Promoter, prize provider(s) and/or their agents and with all relevant laws, rules and regulations, restrictions, itinerary, and where applicable, compliance with the Ofcom Broadcasting Code. Failure to comply with instructions, itineraries, rules, restrictions, requirements, laws and guidelines may result in an invalid entry and/or forfeiture of the prize.
In relation to all competitions and prize draws promoted by the Promoter:
dkw.me/competitionstermsandconditions/ Page 7 of 11
- 5.1. Nothing in the competition terms and conditions restricts your statutory rights as a consumer. For more details on these statutory rights you should contact your local Trading Standards Office or Citizen’s Advice Bureau.
- 5.2. Nothing in the competition terms and conditions shall exclude or limit the Promoter’s, the programme producer’s or the DKW Show’s liability for death or personal injury caused by their staff or supplier’s negligence or for fraud.
- 5.3. Subject to 5.1 and 5.2, the Promoter, the DKW Show and/or the programme producers do not accept responsibility for any fault, malfunction, damage, loss or disappointment suffered by you as an entrant or participant howsoever arising from participating in a competition or prize draw or from accepting any prize whether due to any error, omission or other cause by the Promoter, the DKW Show, the programme producers or its or their employees, agents or others.
- 5.4. Subject to 5.1 and 5.2, none of the DKW Show, the programme producers and/or the Promoter is responsible for any damage or loss caused to you (i) which is not reasonably foreseeable to you and to the DKW Show, the programme producers and/or the Promoter when you agree to the competition terms and conditions (which occurs automatically when you enter a competition or prize draw or (ii) it is reasonably foreseeable to you and to the DKW Show and/or the Promoter when you agree to the competition terms and conditions but is only indirectly related to you entering or participating in a competition or prize draw.
- 5.5. Subject to 5.1 and 5.2, the DKW Show, and/or the Promoter reserves the right to amend any element of a competition or prize draw for reasons beyond their reasonable control, including but not limited to the unavailability of the competition or prize draw entry platform before the closing date, or for strike, lock-out, labour dispute, illness, act of God, natural disaster, adverse weather conditions, war, riot, civil commotion, accident, epidemic or pandemic, malicious damage, fire, flood and/or storm, compliance with law or governmental order, rule, regulation or direction, breakdown of plant, machinery or transportation. The DKW Show, the programme producers and/or the Promoter are not responsible for any loss or damage caused to you as a result of any of these occurrences.
- 5.6. Subject to 5.1 and 5.2, none of the DKW Show or the Promoter can promise that the services relating to a competition or prize draw will be free from errors or omissions nor that they will be available uninterrupted and in a fully operating condition. These services may be suspended temporarily and without notice in the case of any problem with any system, server, software, or for any technical malfunction or failure, maintenance or repair or for reasons reasonably beyond the control of the DKW Show, the programme producers and/or the Promoter. None of the DKW Show, or the Promoter will be liable to you or to any other person in the event that any entry is lost, delayed or not properly received, registered or recorded or where all or any part of the service relating to a competition or prize draw is discontinued, modified or changed in any way.
dkw.me/competitionstermsandconditions/ Page 8 of 11
- 5.7. You agree to reimburse the DKW Show and/or the Promoter in respect of any damages suffered by the DKW Show and/or the Promoter or any losses by the DKW Show and/or the Promoter resulting from any claim made by a third party in each case in respect of any matter arising from your use of the services relating to the competition or prize draw in breach of the competition terms and conditions or from your violation of any applicable law or regulation.
- 5.8. Subject to 5.1 and 5.2, the DKW Show and/or the Promoter will not be liable to reimburse the cost or expenses incurred in making a competition or prize draw entry where applicable.
- 5.9. Subject to 5.1 and 5.2, the DKW Show and/or the Promoter do not accept responsibility for any incorrectly addressed or undelivered competition or prize draw entries for any disruption, delay or misdirection of such entries.
- 6.1. Information and data (“personal data”) which is provided by you when you enter a competition or prize draw will be held by the Promoter and the DKW Show and may be used by the Promoter, the producer of the programme (if applicable) and their service providers, network operators, suppliers and contractors for administering and fulfilling the competition or prize draw and in connection with any costs associated with entry to the competition or prize draw.
- 6.3. Generally, we will only send you marketing messages if you indicate that you consent (e.g. by “opting-in”) to receiving such messages. By choosing to interact with our services by SMS text message, you will be indicating that you consent to receiving marketing communications from us via SMS text message in respect of similar products and services. You can avoid receiving these communications by adding NO INFO at the end of your SMS text entry or other message. You may opt out of receiving further marketing at any time by texting STOP to one of our entry shortcodes. Texting STOP will cost one standard network rate message. For more details about how the DKW Show uses data for marketing, please go to dkw.me/privacy/.
- 6.4. The Promoter and/or the prize provider may be required to send personal data of the winner of a promotion (and where applicable, their companion(s)) to third parties outside the European Economic Area, for the purposes of fulfilling and administering the promotion and/or the prize and the promotion winner agrees to such transfer for these purposes.
- 6.5. The winner of a competition or prize draw may be required to participate in publicity. The Promoter (or any third party nominated by the Promoter) may exercise its sole discretion to use the winner’s (and if applicable their companion’s) name and image and their comments relating to the prize and promotion experience for future promotional, marketing and publicity purposes in any media worldwide without notice and without any fee being paid.
dkw.me/competitionstermsandconditions/ Page 9 of 11
- 6.6. Winners will be listed on the winners’ page of the relevant website and, where applicable winners’ names may be mentioned in the relevant programme. This means that if you are a winner your name and location may be published at dkw.me and/or announced in the relevant programme.
- 6.7. Please note that calls may be recorded to ensure that promotion entries are captured, for staff training and/or quality control purposes.
- 7.1. Please note that when you pay for a promotion entry any rights you may have to withdraw from or cancel your purchase (including but not limited to under the Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000) will be lost because the performance of our services is simultaneous or begins immediately once your purchase is completed.
- 7.2. You agree that you do not have any commercial relationship with the DKW Show, the programme producers and/or the Promoter, and that you are not an agent of the DKW Show, the programme producers and/or the Promoter.
- 7.3. The competition terms and conditions are available in English only and shall be exclusively governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England.
- 7.4. These terms and conditions were last updated on 22/05/2017 16:46.
F. Contact Details and Further Information
8.1. If you have a comment, query or complaint about any promotion provided by the DKW Show you may register it with the DKW Show production team who can be contacted by phone on 020 7686 6031 or by email at email@example.com. You will need to provide the following information:
(a) Your Name
(b) Your email address
(c) The IP number of your computer
(d) If possible, your internet service provider
(e) The date(s) and time(s) when you experienced problems
(f) The nature of the problem you experienced
(g) A contact telephone number you can be reached on, if necessary
Queries will be addressed as soon as possible. 8.2. The Promoter is:
dkw.me/competitionstermsandconditions/ Page 10 of 11
For all promotions connected with the DKW Show and dkw.me, the Promoter is the DKW Show, c/o UCKG HelpCentre TV Production Department, Office Suites, 24 Coleridge Road, London N4 3NP, a UK Registered Charity No. 1043985, and these terms and conditions applies as between you and the DKW Show (unless specified otherwise in the competition information).